Yakhme Turosh is an traditional dish from Isfahan
"Yakhme Turosh" is an authentic and traditional dish from Isfahan, which, contrary to its name, has a sweet taste and is often cooked in autumn and winter due to the presence of quince in it. This high-nutrient food is useful for treating anemia, increasing energy and vitality, preventing osteoporosis, improving brain function, relieving stress, and more.
- 300g lamb meat
- 200g quince
- 150g yellow plum leaves
- 2 cups rice
- 3 medium onions
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar or date syrup
- Salt, black pepper, and turmeric as needed
- Cook the chopped lamb meat with water and turmeric over medium heat until half-cooked.
- Add the chopped quince, yellow plum leaves, rice, and a little salt and black pepper to the meat and continue cooking.
- When all the ingredients are cooked and the water is completely absorbed, remove it from the heat, remove the quince cores, and start crushing them until they are well mashed.
- Now, it's time to add sugar or date syrup. Mix it with the other ingredients and put the pot back on low heat to dissolve the sugar.
- After about 10 minutes, the dish is ready and you can serve it with bread. The sweetness of the dish depends on your taste.
created: Wed 22/02/2023 modified: Wed 22/02/2023 By: namasho.com ID: 12